Zombie Crawl is coming back to downtown Reno and here’s the info on participation! Last year we had about 15,000 people downtown for the fun! In addition we also raised just under $10,000 for charity.
First off- what won’t change: We grew by almost double last year but we’ve kept the price the same for you! This year we have not increased the cost of participation. The major differences this year are as follows:
- You can save MONEY by sending payment in early!
- We are creating a small amount of VIP passes (like Santa Crawl used last year) for our volunteers and we are requiring that you allow them to move to the front of your line. We are creating just enough for the folks who put the event on so that they can enjoy the crawl after their shift is over.
- We are requiring that your bar has a barrel or trash can posted by your door and that ALL participants are required to toss any glass bottles or drinks in them before they go in or out. RPD specifically requested this in order to cut down on open container violations.
- We are creating an early-bird date for registration. If you submit payment by that date you save money! We also will be charging extra for late registrations. Please be on time or early.
How to Participate in the Crawl:
- Submit the form below agreeing to our terms and conditions. You will be taken to a confirmation page and receive a confirmation email as well. If you don’t see the confirmation then your form did not submit.
- Send payment of $400 (but you can make over half of it back)
This covers $150 participation fee plus a pre-purchase of 50 crawl cups at a price of $250. You can sell these cups for $5 a piece to recoup that amount.
Joining the Crawl
- North Boundary: 6th St.
- South Boundary: Cheeney St.
- Western Boundary: Arlington Avenue
- Eastern Boundary: Eureka Ave/Holcomb Ave
STEP 1: Mandatory Terms and Conditions
In order to participate in the crawl, bars must agree to the following:
- My venue will honor the Reno Zombie Crawl VIP passes given to volunteers and allow each pass holder and one guest move to the front of the line at my venue, no matter how long the line or how busy.
- My venue will post a barrel by our door and require anyone leaving to dump any non-crawl cups in it. We will also make sure no one comes in or out of our establishment with liquid in their crawl cup, to the best of our ability.
- My venue will offer at least one $3 beer special and one $3 drink special to participants. (If you’d like extra promotion from us, offer at least one $2 special)
- My venue will host at least one costume contest. There is no minimum prize you must give the winner, but remember other bars will have contests too.
- My venue will ID every patron at the door and at the bar. Obviously, none of us wants to see minors served, but we also don’t want to be subject to a police sting. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GET STUNG.
- I understand the crawl lasts from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am or when my venue closes. Please extend your specials to participants for the duration of the crawl.
- My venue will not extend specials to people without crawl cups. Instead, direct them to the start bar to purchase their cups.
- My venue will not charge crawl participants cover. Even if your bar has a cover that night, you mustn’t charge our participants. You will know them by their Zombie Crawl cup. This is not negotiable.
- I will make sure the area around my venue is clean by the next morning. One big request from the city is that we keep it clean.
- We will keep any lines of participants from spilling into the street. That’s another thing we can do that will ensure we can keep the crawls happening year after year. If you have a line, please direct it along the sidewalk.
- We will promote the crawl by posting to our Facebook friends, inviting our friends list to the crawl event and mentioning it on all of our social media accounts.
- We will fill out the request for specials and contests on time, or we understand that we may not be invited to future crawls.
STEP 2: Payment
Make your payment out to Let’s Do Things, 955 S. Virginia St. Suite 217, Reno, NV 89502. The deadline for your payment is 5 PM Friday, October 4th. You will receive your 50 cups and secure your spot on the crawl once your payment is received. Bars who don’t pay by the deadline will lose their spot on the crawl.
Early Bird Pricing
- Save $25 by paying by 5pm on Friday, September 27th. Take $25 off of whatever your bar/bars will be paying. Payment must make it via postman by 5pm or be directly delivered to our office.
By filling out the form below, you agree to the terms above.
What Happens Next
After filling out the form successfully you will be taken to a confirmation page and you will receive a confirmation email. If you have any difficulty with this form please contact us at email@example.com and we will resolve the issue.
Once we receive your payment we’ll bring you your cups and add your bar(s) to maps & posters and we’ll market the crap out of your bar along with the crawl. If you have any questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.